Re: Problem with dumping bloom extension - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Problem with dumping bloom extension
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> If a database with the bloom extension installed is dumped and restored,
> there's an error with the access method creation:
>
> createdb bloomtest
> psql -c 'CREATE EXTENSION bloom;' bloomtest
> pg_dump -d bloomtest > ~/tmp/bloom.sql
> createdb bloomtest2
> psql -d bloomtest2 -f ~/tmp/bloom.sql
>
> The output of the last command produces:
>
> "psql:/home/thom/tmp/bloom.sql:48: ERROR:  access method "bloom" already
> exists"
>
> So pg_dump shouldn't be dumping this access method as it's part of the
> extension.

Stephen, something is smelling wrong in checkExtensionMembership()
since 5d58999, an access method does not have ACLs and I would have
expected that when this routine is invoked in
selectDumpableAccessMethod() the object is not selected as dumpable.
--
Michael