Re: Can't start postgresql server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Can't start postgresql server
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 5:37 AM, ChoonSoo Park <luispark@gmail.com> wrote:
30022 & 30023 are symbolic links under data/pg_tblspc folder. Their target directories are lost somehow. Does it cause this problem? I tried to delete those 2 symbolic links but postgresql still can't start up.
Just wonder what is causing the postgresql to throw an error.

>> HINT:  If this has occurred more than once some data might be corrupted and you might need to choose an earlier recovery target.
If those tablespaces got *lost*, you have a problem with your infrastructure and should try to recover them, in your case recovery is trying to apply WAL changes to those relations and cannot find them, showing the failure you are seeing here. The best thing you could do is to recover your cluster with a fresh backup, backup that includes those tablespaces as well.

Where can I specify recovery target?
Here are more details about recovery targets via recovery.conf:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/recovery-target-settings.html
--
Michael