Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pgsql: Add transforms feature
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:01 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 9:55 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> w.r.t MSVC builds, it looks like we need entries in $contrib_extraincludes
>> in src/tools/msvc/Mkvcbuild.pm at the very least.
>
> If our goal is to put back to green the Windows nodes as quick as
> possible, we could bypass their build this way , and we'll
> additionally need to update the install script and
> vcregress.pl/contribcheck to bypass those modules accordingly. Now I
> don't think that we should make the things produced inconsistent.

OK, attached are two patches to put back the buildfarm nodes using MSVC to green
- 0001 adds support for build and installation of the new transform
modules: hstore_plperl, hstore_plpython and  ltree_plpython. Note that
this patch is enough to put back the buildfarm to a green state for
MSVC, but it disables the regression tests for those modules,
something addressed in the next patch...
- 0002 adds support for regression tests for the new modules. The
thing is that we need to check the major version version of Python
available in configuration and choose what are the extensions to
preload before the tests run. It is a little bit hacky... But it has
the merit to work, and I am not sure we could have a cleaner solution
by looking at the Makefiles of the transform modules that use
currently conditions based on $(python_majorversion).
Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment