Re: Let file_fdw access COPY FROM PROGRAM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Let file_fdw access COPY FROM PROGRAM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Craig Ringer
<craig.ringer@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 7 Sep. 2016 02:14, "Corey Huinker" <corey.huinker@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Having regression tests for this is extremely problematic, because the
>> program invoked would need to be an invokable command on any architecture
>> supported by postgres. I'm pretty sure no such command exists.
>
> Your best bet will be using the TAP framework. There you can use Perl logic.
>
> I'm not sure where to put such a test though. It doesn't really make sense
> in src/test/recovery/ .

There is nothing preventing the addition of a TAP test where there are
normal regression tests, so if you want a test for file_fdw you should
add it there, then change its Makefile to have the following target
rules:
check: prove-check

prove-check:       $(prove_check)
--