Re: COPY (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE .. RETURNING ..) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: COPY (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE .. RETURNING ..)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 9:22 PM, Marko Tiikkaja <marko@joh.to> wrote:
> Of course, something might break if we added a new statement type which
> supported RETURNING, but I'm really not worried about that.  I'm not dead
> set against adding some Assert(IsA()) calls here, but I don't see the point.

gram.y has a long comment before select_no_parens regarding why we
shouldn't do it this way, did you notice it? I haven't crafted yet a
backward incompatible query with your patch yet, but something smells
fishy here.
--
Michael