Re: Error: insufficient data in the message - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Error: insufficient data in the message
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Ranier VF <ranier_gyn@hotmail.com> writes:
>> Hi, I around with error with PostgreSQL 9.5.0
>> Error:  insufficient data in the messagepgsql_pexec error: PQresultStatus=7
>
> Hmm ... I can't find the string "insufficient data in the message"
> anywhere in the Postgres sources.  And not "pgsql_pexec" either.
> So this must be coming from some client-side code you're using (not
> libpq).  It's unlikely we can help you much here; you need to chat with
> the author of the client-side library that's emitting that error.

> 2016-03-16 17:35:07 BRT ERRO:  dados insuficientes na mensagem

This is an error message in Portuguese, and it refers to an existing message:

#: libpq/pqformat.c:556 libpq/pqformat.c:574 libpq/pqformat.c:595
#: utils/adt/arrayfuncs.c:1444 utils/adt/rowtypes.c:556
#, c-format
msgid "insufficient data left in message"
msgstr "dados insuficientes na mensagem"

Perhaps the driver you are using is indeed linked with libpq and the
message translated in Portuguese got translated again? Anyway, we are
going to need more details regarding the way you ran this query, and
what is the version of libpq used on client-side, which may not be
from 9.5.0. Compatibility is ensured with the protocol 3, so that
should work anyway.
--
Michael