Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: proposal: multiple psql option -c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 4:21 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Attached patch per Tom Lane proposal.
>
> * multiple -c -f options are supported, the order of options is respected
> * the statements for one -c options are executed in transactions
> * Iacob's doc patch merged
enum _actions{       ACT_NOTHING = 0,
-       ACT_SINGLE_SLASH,       ACT_LIST_DB,
-       ACT_SINGLE_QUERY,
-       ACT_FILE
+       ACT_FILE_STDIN};

Removing some items from the list of potential actions and creating a
new sublist listing action types is a bit weird. Why not grouping them
together and allow for example -l as well in the list of things that
is considered as a repeatable action? It seems to me that we could
simplify the code this way, and instead of ACT_NOTHING we could check
if the list of actions is empty or not.
--
Michael