Re: Improving log capture of TAP tests with IPC::Run - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Improving log capture of TAP tests with IPC::Run
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 3:59 PM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> IPC::Run is not in perl core and will not always be available.
> It looks like this patch doesn't take this into account (when no IPC::Run skip the test or whatever)
> Shouldn't that be changed?

Yes, there have been discussions on the matter already:
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20141102190024.GA538247@tornado.leadboat.com
We may want to be able to capture easily the outputs of stdout and
stderr as well though and not only get the exit code. That looks
important to improve the debuggability of the whole thing when kicking
in commands. And to have that working on Windows as well..
Regards,
--
Michael