Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Proposal : REINDEX SCHEMA
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Sawada Masahiko <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 to define new something object type and remove do_user and do_system.
> But if we add OBJECT_SYSTEM to ObjectType data type,
> system catalogs are OBJECT_SYSTEM as well as OBJECT_TABLE.
> It's a bit redundant?
Yes, kind of. That's a superset of a type of relations, aka a set of
catalog tables. If you find something cleaner to propose, feel free.

>> Another thing, ReindexDatabaseOrSchema should be renamed to ReindexObject.
>> So, I think that we need to think a bit more here. We are not far from
>> smth that could be committed, so marking as "Waiting on Author" for
>> now. Thoughts?
>
> Is the table also kind of "object"?
Sorry, I am not sure I follow you here. Indexes and tables have
already their relkind set in ReindexStmt, and I think that we're fine
to continue letting them go in their own reindex code path for now.
--
Michael