Re: Having trouble configuring a Master with multiple standby Servers in PostgreSQL 9.3.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Having trouble configuring a Master with multiple standby Servers in PostgreSQL 9.3.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
TODO

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 1:29 AM,  <fburgess@radiantblue.com> wrote:
> Now the issue is with the recovery.conf file on slave1, should the
> restore_command point to the archivelogs on the master?
Yes, this is where archive_command of master copies the WAL files. You need
them for recovery operations on slaves.

> Do I run the archive_cleanup_command when I recover slave1 or do I wait
> until I have finished backup/copy from the slave2
Be careful here, this command may remove WAL files that are needed by other
slaves. For example, if slave1 kicks this command, you may remove files
still needed by slave2 that has not yet done any recovery operation and it
may need them.

> postgresql.conf - Slave1
> restore_command = 'cp /mnt/server/master_archivedir/%f "%p%"'      <---
****
> Is this correct! **** The master remains on-line and is producing archive
> logs.
No need to have that much complexity for %p:
restore_command = 'cp -i /mnt/server/master_archivedir/%f %p'

> postgresql.conf - Slave2 Server VM
> restore_command = 'cp /mnt/server/slave2_archivedir/%f "%p%"'      <---
****
> Is this correct! **** The master remains on-line and is producing archive
> logs.
Please see above, it could be more simple.
--
Michael