Re: dividing privileges for replication role. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: dividing privileges for replication role.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Tomonari Katsumata <t.katsumata1122@gmail.com> wrote:
ex:

  primary_conninfo = 'port=5432 standby_mode=master-cascade'
  primary_conninfo = 'port=5432 standby_mode=master-only'
  primary_conninfo = 'port=5432 standby_mode=cascade-only'

I think it will be able to do same control with privilege controlling.
And it won't be contrary to the policy(no data is stored in system catalogs).

Because it is corner-case, I should not do anything about this?
(Am I concerning too much?)

Just curious, but... What is your primary goal with this patch?
Solving the cyclic problem?
--
Michael Paquier
http://michael.otacoo.com