Re: Making tab-complete.c easier to maintain - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Making tab-complete.c easier to maintain
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 1:16 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> 1. 0001-Allow-regex-module-to-be-used-outside-server.patch
>
>   This small change makes pg_regex possible to be used in
>   frontend.

This is generic enough to live in src/common, then psql would directly
reuse it using lpgcommon.

> 2. 0002-Replace-previous-matching-rule-with-regexps.patch
>
>   Simply replaces existing matching rules almost one-by-one with
>   regular expression matches.

This makes the situation messier. At least with Thomas' patch one can
immediately know the list of words that are being matched for a given
code path while with this patch we need to have a look to the regex
where they are list. And this would get more and more complicated with
new commands added.
--
Michael