Re: [GENERAL] pgAdmin4 needs information of v10 SCRAM authentication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [GENERAL] pgAdmin4 needs information of v10 SCRAM authentication
Date
Re: [GENERAL] pgAdmin4 needs information of v10 SCRAM authentication  (Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Akshay Joshi
<akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> from passlib.hash import scram
> hash = scram.encrypt(data['newPassword']) -- This function provide password for all the supported digest like [md5,
sha-1,sha-256, sha-512]. Didn't work I have tried with all the passwords.
> test = scram.extract_digest_info(hash, "sha-256") -- This function extract info for specified digest "sha-256". I
haveretrieve the password which was in hexadecimal. Didn't work as well.

> Now I am stuck here and no clue how to encrypt/decrypt the password for SCRAM authentication. Can someone guide me
outhere.

Here you go:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/76ac7e67-4e3a-f4df-e087-fbac90151907@iki.fi
--