Re: pg_reorg in core? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_reorg in core?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 9:08 AM, sakamoto <dsakamoto@lolloo.net> wrote:
(2012/09/21 22:32), Michael Paquier wrote:
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com <mailto:daniele.varrazzo@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:17 AM, Josh Kupershmidt
    <schmiddy@gmail.com <mailto:schmiddy@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I haven't submitted it to PGXN as I prefer the original author to keep
    the ownership.

Thanks, I merged your patches with the dev branch for the time being.
It would be great to have some input from the maintainers of pg_reorg in pgfoundry to see if they agree about putting it in pgxn.

Hi, I'm Sakamoto, reorg mainainer.
I'm very happy Josh, Michael  and Daniele are interested in reorg.

I'm working on the next version of reorg 1.1.8, which will be released in a couple of days.
And I come to think that it is a point to reconsider the way to develop/maintain.
To be honest,   we have little available development resources, so no additional
features are added recently.  But features and fixes to be done (as Josh sums up. thanks).

I think it is a good idea to develop on github. Michael's repo is the root?
After the release of 1.1.8, I will freeze CVS repository and create a mirror on github.
# Or Michael's repo will do :)
As you wish. You could create a root folder based on a new organization, or on your own account, or use my repo.
The result will be the same. I let it at your appreciation

I have received some patches from Josh, Daniele. It should be developed in the next
major version 1.2. So some of them may not be included in 1.1.8 (caz it's minor versionup),
but I feel so appreciated.
Great!
--
Michael Paquier