Re: max_parallel_degree > 0 for 9.6 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: max_parallel_degree > 0 for 9.6 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 10:52 PM, David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> My initial reaction was +1 but now I'm leaning toward enabled by default.
>
> Those who would upgrade to 9.6 within a year of its release are most likely,
> process and personality wise, to be those for whom the risks and rewards of
> new features is part of their everyday routine.
>
> If indeed we release 10.0 with it enabled by default we should be confident
> in its stability at that point in the 9.6.x branch.

Being cautious pays more in the long term, so seeing the number of
bugs that showed up I'd rather vote for having it disabled by default
in 9.6 stable, and enabled on master to aim at enabling it in 10.0.
--
Michael