Re: loading .so file at run time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: loading .so file at run time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Rajmohan C <csrajmohan@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working with Postgresql 9.3.4 source using eclipse IDE in ubuntu 14.04.
> I have a library file abc.so to be loaded at run time when postgresql server
> starts. When I run the server with
>
> "-D /home/rajmohan/projects/TPCH_database"
>
>  as argument in run configuration, I could see LOG message abc.so library
> loaded and I am able to call library methods at run time. But this requires
> a client to connect to server and pass cmds. But I want a stand-alone
> postgres server such that I can give commands directly from eclipse command
> prompt itself. For that when I set the argument in run configuration as
>
> "--single -D /home/rajmohan/projects/TPCH_database tpch",
>
> the library loaded log message doesnot appears and library does not load.
> How to load the library on stand-alone server and work?
Is it a custom extension that you are developing? Here you go:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/runtime-config-client.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CLIENT-PRELOAD
For an extension that needs to be loaded use shared_preload_libraries.
--
Michael