Re: [HACKERS] Letting the client choose the protocol to use during aSASL exchange - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Letting the client choose the protocol to use during aSASL exchange
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 7:29 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 6 April 2017 at 16:15, Álvaro Hernández Tortosa <aht@8kdata.com> wrote:
>
>>     Per the SCRAM RFC, it is the server who advertises and the client who picks.
>
> Yes, but what does the RFC say about how to handle servers with an pg_hba.conf?
>
> How and what will we advertise?

Did you read the first email of this thread? The RFC says that the
protocol implementers are free to do what they want as this is
protocol-specific. At least that's what I understand.
--
Michael