Re: CATUPDATE confusion? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: CATUPDATE confusion?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 8:08 AM, Adam Brightwell <adam.brightwell@crunchydatasolutions.com> wrote:
Thanks for the review and feedback.

> One of the interesting behaviors (or perhaps not) is how
> 'pg_class_aclmask' handles an invalid role id when checking permissions
> against 'rolsuper' instead of 'rolcatupdate'.

I'd get rid of that whole check, not just replace rolcatupdate by rolsuper.

Ah yes, that's a good point.  I have updated and attached a new version of the patch.

I just had a look at this patch and it works as intended, simply removing catupdate and all its code paths. As everybody on this thread seems to agree about the removal of rolcatupdate, I think that we could let a committer have a look at it.
Thoughts?
--
Michael