Re: [GENERAL] Regarding scram authentication libpq version 10 or more - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Regarding scram authentication libpq version 10 or more
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Durgamahesh Manne
<maheshpostgres9@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is regarding scram authentication libpq version 10. From which site  i
> can download to configure libpq in order to use scram authentication in
> postgres 10
>
> i got below error while i check to access pg server
>
> psql.bin: SCRAM authentication requires libpq version 10 or more
>
> please let me know the detail info about scram libpq

Why not beginning to look at the download page of postgresql.org? Here
is the page:
https://www.postgresql.org/download/
SCRAM/SASL support in libpq is provided in any build of PostgreSQL 10,
so this depends mainly on the distribution and environment you are
using.

In order to get support for SCRAM, the documentation provides enough
details, beginning here:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/auth-methods.html#auth-password
Basically you need to consider using password_encryption =
'scram-sha-256', and configure pg_hba.conf with a correct entry. If
you are upgrading from an existing instance, you need to make sure
that users with passwords are updated with proper SCRAM-hashed
entries.
--
Michael