Re: BUG #13839: command line restart server fail - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #13839: command line restart server fail
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 3:20 AM, Ali Raza <alirazaidi@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This happens when localhost is used in pg_hba.conf and stated command stuck
> at last line until I press enter.

(Please avoid top-posting, that is annoying for everybody here and it
breaks the logic of the thread...)
What kind of client are you using to connect to the Postgres server
after starting it? Npgsql? What is the failure you are seeing and what
is the command you are mentioning? Are you getting a connection
failure caused by a missing entry in pg_hba.conf?

> When I see windows services postgres service is stopped.
> Further more trying to connect with pgAdmin I receive connectivity error.

What do the contents of your logs show you? First where are things
logged out? For example what is the setting value for log_destination?
--
Michael