Re: moving from contrib to bin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: moving from contrib to bin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 1:00 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> writes:

>> > Sounds good. We already separate server and client programs in the docs,
>> > and packagers put them in different packages too. This should make
>> > packagers' life a little bit easier in the long run.
>>
>> I'm pretty much -1 on relocating anything that's under src/bin already.
>
> So let's put the whole bunch under src/bin/ and be done with it.

When doing so let's be careful with the MSVC specs, this will need a
set of definitions with AddSimpleFrontend. This should ensure as well
that versioning work that has been done on Windows for this release
cycle is not broken for all the things moved. I don't mind
double-checking that..
--
Michael