Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: pg_rewind to skip config files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: pg_rewind to skip config files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Chris Travers <chris.travers@adjust.com> wrote:
> In some experiments with pg_rewind and rep mgr I noticed that local testing
> is complicated by the fact that pg_rewind appears to copy configuration
> files from the source to target directory.
>
> I would propose to make a modest patch to exclude postgresql.conf,
> pg_hba.conf, and pg_ident.conf from the file tree traversal.
>
> Any feedback before I create.a proof of concept?

A simple idea would be to pass as a parameter a regex on which we
check files to skip when scanning the directory of the target remotely
or locally. This needs to be used with care though, it would be easy
to corrupt an instance.
--
Michael