Re: plpgsql test layout - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: plpgsql test layout
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 6:36 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On 12/11/17 19:29, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>> If I read vcregress.pl correctly, it seems to me that you need to do
>>> more with MSVC (see plcheck). The tests would kick if sql/ and
>>> expected/ are found, and the test list is fetched by looking at
>>> REGRESSION in the test files. However plpgsql code has an additional
>>> src/ folder which would cause the tests to not execute. If plpgsql
>>> code was moved on folder down then the tests would execute properly.
>
>> OK, I hacked something up for MSVC.  How about this?
>
> Looks ok to me, though I'm not in a position to actually test the
> msvc changes.

I have been able to check that the tests are working correctly, but
after changing the references from relative paths to absolute paths,
or my environment is complaining about ".." not being a command...

                my $status = $? >> 8;
                exit $status if $status;
                chdir "..";
+               chdir ".." if $lang eq 'plpgsql';
        }
This can be replaced with a single "$topdir/src/pl".

Attached is what I have some up with, based on Peter's v2.
--
Michael

Attachment