Re: BUG #14228: replication slot catalog_xmin not cleared on slot reuse - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #14228: replication slot catalog_xmin not cleared on slot reuse
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I think it'd be better if we explicitly zeroed .data - that way the
> likelihood of future bugs of the same ilk is smaller.

Okay, I have spent some time looking at all the fields here, and their
significance before reaching this code path in ReplicationSlotCreate,
but did not find any hole if slot->data is zeroed. So here is an
updated patch. You could get rid of all the field initializations I
have done for slot->data, but I think that's cheap to keep them.
--
Michael

Attachment