Re: pg_regress --help missing description of --bindir - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_regress --help missing description of --bindir
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 4:53 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just bumped into the issue defined in $subject.
>> Attached is a patch.
>
> I don't understand the parenthical remark.  Do you mean that if you pass
> "--bindir" without an argument it uses PATH?  That would be weird; but
> if that's how it works, then it should look like --bindir[=DIR].

>From pg_regress.c:
/* "--bindir=" means to use PATH */
if (strlen(optarg))
        bindir = strdup(optarg);
else
        bindir = NULL;
break;

> If you
> don't mean that, then I think the proposed wording is confusing.  Maybe
> "PATH is searched if this option not given"?

That's trickier. PGBINDIR is used if this option is not given :)
Do you prefer the attached?
--
Michael

Attachment