Minimum tuple threshold to decide last pass of VACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Minimum tuple threshold to decide last pass of VACUUM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Commit 4046e58c (dated of 2001) has introduced the following comment
in vacuumlazy.c:
+       /* If any tuples need to be deleted, perform final vacuum cycle */
+       /* XXX put a threshold on min nuber of tuples here? */
+       if (vacrelstats->num_dead_tuples > 0)
In short, we may want to have a reloption to decide if we do or not
the last pass of VACUUM or not depending on a given number of
remaining tuples. Is this still something we would like to have?

Regards,
--
Michael