Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Craig Ringer
<craig.ringer@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I don't care if it comes as part of some greater reorg or not but I'll be
> really annoyed if scope creep lands up killing the original proposal to just
> rename these dirs. I think that a simple rename should be done first. Then
> if some greater reorg is to be done it can be done shortly after. The only
> people that'll upset are folks tracking early 10.0 dev and they'll be aware
> it's coming.

Okay, so let's do it. Attached are two patches:
- 0001 renames pg_clog to pg_trans. I have let clog.c with its current
name, as well as its structures. That's the mechanical patch, the ony
interesting part being in pg_upgrade.
- 0002 renames pg_xlog to pg_wal.
--
Michael