Re: BUG #13644: 2xRecovery without new writes, causes archiving failure - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #13644: 2xRecovery without new writes, causes archiving failure
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sun, Sep 27, 2015 at 6:03 AM, Amir Rohan wrote:
> On 09/26/2015 02:39 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I can reproduced this 100% of the time with HEAD from the last few days,
> and haven't tried with anything else.
>
> See attached log+shell-script I used to reproduce.
> The log shows the contents of the archive directory at various points
> in the process I described in the initial post.

If there is a bug, that's in your script, not in the backend code.
restore_command should point to ARCHIVE_DIR instead of BACKUP_DIR.
That's the reason why the third node (2nd recovery) cannot switch to
timeline 3: it cannot find the history file of timeline 2 properly.
--
Michael