Re: Combining Aggregates - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Combining Aggregates
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 2:08 PM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:

On 18 December 2014 at 02:48, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
David, if you can update your patch with some docs to explain the
behaviour, it looks complete enough to think about committing it in
early January, to allow other patches that depend upon it to stand a
chance of getting into 9.5. (It is not yet ready, but I see it could
be).

I've been thinking of bumping this patch to the June commitfest as the patch only exists to provide the basic infrastructure for things like parallel aggregation, aggregate before join, and perhaps auto updating materialised views.

It seems unlikely that any of those things will happen for 9.5.

Yeah, I guess so...

Does anybody object to me moving this to June's commitfest?

Not from my side FWIW. I think it actually makes sense.
--
Michael