Moving RestoreBlockImage from xlogreader.c to xlogutils.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Moving RestoreBlockImage from xlogreader.c to xlogutils.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

Commit 2c03216d has introduced RestoreBlockImage to restore a page
from a given decoding state. ISTM that this is a backend-only
operation but it has been added in xlogreader.c which could be used as
well by frontend utilities like pg_xlogdump.
Wouldn't it be better to declare it as a static routine in
xlogutils.c? If we keep it in xlogreader.c, I think that we should at
least wrap it with ifndef FRONTEND.
Thoughts?
--
Michael