Re: Production block comparison facility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Production block comparison facility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 12:35 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 23 July 2014 15:14, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have spent some time digging more into this idea and finished with the
>> patch attached
>
> Thank you for investigating the idea. I'll review by Monday.
OK, thanks. Here are a couple of things that are not really necessary
for the feature but I did to facilitate tests with the patch as well
as its review:
- Some information is logged to the user as DEBUG1 even if the current
page and FDW are consistent. It may be better removed.
- FPW/page consistency check is done after converting them to hex.
This is done only this way to facilitate viewing the page diffs with a
debugger. A best method would be to perform the checks using
MASK_MARKER (which should be moved to bufmask.h btw). It may be better
to put all this hex magic within a WAL_DEBUG ifdef.
Regards,
--
Michael