Re: [HACKERS] Fix bloom WAL tap test - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Fix bloom WAL tap test
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 1:49 AM, Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 4:26 PM, Fabrízio Mello <fabriziomello@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> The patch doesn't apply against master:
>>
>> fabrizio@macanudo:/d/postgresql (master)
>> $ git apply /tmp/wal-check-on-bloom-check.patch
>> error: contrib/bloom/Makefile: already exists in working directory
>
> Apparently I sent patches whose are ok for "patch -p1", but not ok for "git
> apply".
> Sorry for that.   I resubmit both of them.

I would not worry about that as long as there is a way to apply
patches. git apply fails to easily to be honest, while patch -p1 is
more permissive. I use the latter extensively by the way, because it
has the merit to not be a PITA.
--
Michael