Re: WIP: Fix parallel workers connection bug in pg_dump (Bug #13727) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: WIP: Fix parallel workers connection bug in pg_dump (Bug #13727)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com.br> wrote:
> On 30-10-2015 10:04, Zeus Kronion wrote:
>>
>> I'm still unclear on how to write regression tests for a connectivity
>> bug. Are they necessary in this case?
>>
> There aren't regression tests for pg_dump. However, your instructions are
> sufficient to demonstrate the bug.

Well, we could have something in pg_dump/t/, though the instance set
by standard_initdb would require some update in pg_hba.conf to switch
to md5 before running the dump.

> You could continue the thread in -bugs because the discussion started there.
> Sometimes people track -bugs ML to make sure that some bugs aren't
> forgotten. Add your patch to the next CF [1].

Yep. Things get easily lost.
--
Michael