Re: BUG #13744: Postgresql function auto add 's' character to the end of string - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #13744: Postgresql function auto add 's' character to the end of string
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 1:57 PM,  <b.phamhuu@jacobs-university.de> wrote:

> Bug reference:      13744
> Logged by:          Bang
> Email address:      b.phamhuu@jacobs-university.de
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.13
> Operating system:   Centos 7
>
> I've a function in Postgresql database. However, every time I run the
> function in postgresql, it auto add character 's' behind of the query so it
> will be error when execute (for example: WHAT IN HERE: query SELECT uom_id
> FROM ps_quantity where id = 11s ). My version is Postgresql 9.2.13. How can
> I solve this?

You are mistaking the use of '%' and '%s'. When using RAISE NOTICE in
plpgsql you should just use '%' and not '%s' when assigning a variable
in a message. If you are willing to use %s, you can use format():
=# select format('string1: %s, string2: %s', 'titi', 'toto');
            format
 string1: titi, string2: toto
(1 row)
Regards,