Re: BUG #12821: Cannot install xlogdump - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: BUG #12821: Cannot install xlogdump
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> is there any statement so that I just run pg_xlogdump with which options so
> that it will show all the WAL log file from the beginning until the end of
> the WAL log instead of viewing each segment and short info? I suppose that a
> 16MB WAL log but only a piece as above?

If you want to see all the content of a given file, simply do not use
-n, you can as well have a look at series of files, like that:
pg_xlogdump $FIRST_SEGMENT_FILE $LAST_SEGMENT_FILE
Note that all those things are explained in the documentation:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/pgxlogdump.html

--
Michael