Re: [HACKERS] Enabling replication connections by default in pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Enabling replication connections by default in pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Peter Eisentraut
> On 3/6/17 21:11, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> I think that the documentation of initdb should mention that
>> pg_hba.conf entries are configured for replication connections as
>> well, something like a sentence in the Description paragraph:
>> initdb sets pg_hba.conf entries using the specified authentication
>> method (trust by default) for non-replication as well as replication
>> connections.
>
> OK, I was looking for a way to document this.  Your ideas seems the most
> sensible.
>
> See attached patch that puts it all together.

Thanks for the new version.

+        This option specifies the default authentication method for local
+        users used in <filename>pg_hba.conf</> (<literal>host</literal>
+        prepopulate <filename>pg_hba.conf</filename> entries using the
+        specified authentication method for non-replication as well as
+        replication connections.
Fine for me with a paragraph here.

This patch looks good to me.
--