Re: What do you like to get ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Cornett
Subject Re: What do you like to get ?
Date
List pgsql-general
This sounds like something that should be in the Postgres wiki (http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki) not sure if there is a page (a quick search didn't turn one up).

-Adam Cornett

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Marc Mamin <M.Mamin@intershop.de> wrote:

Hello,

(as reaction on this thread:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-09/msg00585.php)

I miss a discussion place for feature wishes. (Is there one ?)

There are recurring posts in the different lists, but it is hard to get an overview on what is currently hot, or on features which are unlikely to get realized.

In my opinion, putting such topics in a separate list may bring 2 major benefits:

   - help recognize features capable of bringing sufficient funding

     (and possibly trigger funding activity)

   - check the interest within the hacker community for doing the job (hence a list somehow between the user and hacker one)

On the other hand, I guess that such a list could get flooded with spam/inappropriate content.

Thought ?

best regards,

Marc Mamin

--