Re: Access to current database from C-language function - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Achim Domma
Subject Re: Access to current database from C-language function
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Am 25.07.2011 um 14:48 schrieb Florian Pflug:

> A more low-level API is provided by {heap,index}_{beginscan,endscan}, heap_{insert,update,delete} and index_insert.
However,correct handling of transactions using this API isn't easy - for example, to update a row you'd first have to
findthe latest version of that row, then decide if you're allowed to update it, and finally create a new version.

I see the problems with the second approach, but that's definitively what I would like to do. But I'm only interested
inreading, which will hopefully make it a bit easier. Could you guide me to a starting point? Assuming my database has
atable T with an index I. How do I get access to that index?

cheers,
Achim