Help with plpython3u - Mailing list pgsql-general

From PEDRO PABLO SEVERIN HONORATO
Subject Help with plpython3u
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello!

I'm cracking my head while trying to make python language work within postges. I executed "create extension plpython3u" but I get this error:

"ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/12/lib/plpython3.dll": The specified module could not be found. SQL state: 58P01"

Looking into several stackoverflow pages and asking like everywhere, I also installed dependency walker and saw that python37.dll was required. My PC already has python 3.7.4, but I don't know if that is an issue and postgres requires python 3.7.0 strictly.

I also copied the python37.dll file directly in the System32 folder, as some pages suggested. That actually made it possible to run the " create extension plpython3u ", but when I try to create a simple function like:

"CREATE FUNCTION pymax (a integer, b integer)
  RETURNS integer
AS $$
  if a > b:
    return a
  return b
$$ LANGUAGE plpython3u;"

The server crashes and I get this message: "Connection to the server has been lost."

Some additional information:
- My PC is running windows server 2019 64 bits (its a vps)
- The python version I have is 3.7.4. Installed it with Anaconda
- Postgres version is 12.2-1. pgAdmin is 4.18

Please, help me :(
Regards,
PS