Re: Help with plpython3u - Mailing list pgsql-general

From PEDRO PABLO SEVERIN HONORATO
Subject Re: Help with plpython3u
Date
Re: Help with plpython3u  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
List pgsql-general
Hi Adrian,

I installed Postgres downloading the file posgresql-12.2-1-windows-x64 from the website https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/

The python37.dll I copied to the System32 folder was located in C:\Users\developer\Anaconda3.
After trying this, I installed python 3.7.0 and copied the python37.dll that comes with the installation, but got the same result.

Thanks,
PS

El mar., 9 jun. 2020 a las 20:17, Adrian Klaver (<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>) escribió:
On 6/9/20 5:09 PM, PEDRO PABLO SEVERIN HONORATO wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm cracking my head while trying to make python language work within
> postges. I executed "*create extension plpython3u*" but I get this error:
>
> "*ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/12/lib/plpython3.dll": The specified module could not
> be found. SQL state: 58P01*"
>
> Looking into several stackoverflow pages and asking like everywhere, I
> also installed dependency walker and saw that python37.dll was required.
> My PC already has python 3.7.4, but I don't know if that is an issue and
> postgres requires python 3.7.0 strictly.
>
> I also copied the python37.dll file directly in the System32 folder, as
> some pages suggested. That actually made it possible to run the
> "* create extension plpython3u* ", but when I try to create a simple
> function like:
>
> "*CREATE FUNCTION pymax (a integer, b integer)*
> *  RETURNS integer
> AS $$
>    if a > b:
>      return a
>    return b
> *
> *$$ LANGUAGE plpython3u*;"
>
> The server crashes and I get this message: "*Connection to the server
> has been lost*."
>
> Some additional information:
> - My PC is running windows server 2019 64 bits (its a vps)

How did you install Postgres?

> - The python version I have is 3.7.4. Installed it with Anaconda

Unless things have changed since the last time I used Anaconda, it
basically creates virtualenvs for it's installs. So when you refer to
the Python dll above are you talking about a system installed one or one
from within the Anaconda environment?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com