Re: Yet another vectorized engine - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hubert Zhang
Subject Re: Yet another vectorized engine
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 1:20 AM Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

So looks like PG-13 provides significant advantages in OLAP queries comparing with 9.6!
Definitely it doesn't mean that vectorized executor is not needed for new version of Postgres.
Once been ported, I expect that it should provide comparable  improvement of performance.

But in any case I think that vectorized executor makes sense only been combine with columnar store.

Thanks for the test. +1 on vectorize should be combine with columnar store. I think when we support this extension
on master, we could try the new zedstore.
I'm not active on this work now, but will continue when I have time. Feel free to join bring vops's feature into this extension.

Thanks

Hubert Zhang