Re: Why mention to Oracle ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marcos Pegoraro
Subject Re: Why mention to Oracle ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Em dom., 22 de set. de 2024 às 12:49, Roberto Mello <roberto.mello@gmail.com> escreveu:
If you're volunteering to add a MySQL, SQL Server, Mongo, etc porting to the docs, I'm sure it could be a
nice addition.

But instead of Postgres versions we have other vendors.
Every feature would have a Postgres way of doing and what differs from his old database.
FeaturePostgreSQLOracleSQL ServerMySQLFirebird
SELECT  N ROWSLIMIT 10 TOP 10 FIRST 10
CONCAT STRINGS'Name: ' || Name  'Name: ' + Name
REBUILD INDEXREINDEXALTER INDEX… REBUILD
CURRENT DATECURRENT_DATE GETDATE

This is just an example, for sure there would be several tables, for DMLs, for DDL, for Maintenance ...

What do you think ?

regards
Marcos