Re: Detailed release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marcos Pegoraro
Subject Re: Detailed release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Em qui., 22 de ago. de 2024 às 14:27, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escreveu:

I'd prefer to see this implemented in the website based on our
existing markup practices.  That way it would work for quite a
few years' worth of existing release notes, not only future ones.

I understand your point, and agree with that for previous releases, but since we have a month only for version 17, will this process work properly until that date ?
I think a release notes is more read as soon as it is available than other months, isn't it ?
And this feature is just a HTML page, so if it's done manually or automatically, from the reader point of view it'll be exactly the same.

regards
Marcos