Re: Why mention to Oracle ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marcos Pegoraro
Subject Re: Why mention to Oracle ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Em sex., 20 de set. de 2024 às 12:53, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> escreveu:
As far as the mentions in "Data Type Formatting Functions" go, those
are there because those functions are not in the SQL standard; we
stole the API definitions for them from Oracle, lock stock and barrel.
(Except for the discrepancies that are called out by referencing what
Oracle does differently.)  A number of the other references probably
have similar origins.

All the time we see somebody adding a new function to Postgres core that exists in Python or GO or MySQL, but none of them are mentioned on DOCS.

I did never use Oracle but I'm almost sure on Oracle DOCS there are no mentions of Postgres, right ? Why do we need to mention it ?

Regards
Marcos