Re: what is sublinks in query planner? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sandeep Gupta
Subject Re: what is sublinks in query planner?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

 Sure. Thanks for the info. This helps. I will look into primnodes.h as well.

-Sandeep

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Sandeep Gupta <gupta.sandeep@gmail.com> writes:
>  I looked for description of sublinks in the code as well as online but
> failed to come with any information. Was wondering someone can provide a
> line or two of what sublinks are suppose to do?

They're sub-SELECTs used in expression contexts (ie, not directly in a
FROM list).  The comments for the SubLink and SubPlan node types in
primnodes.h may help you.

                        regards, tom lane