Re: Remove dependence on integer wrapping - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joseph Koshakow
Subject Re: Remove dependence on integer wrapping
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 13, 2024 at 10:56 PM Joseph Koshakow <koshy44@gmail.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Jun 13, 2024 at 10:48 PM Joseph Koshakow <koshy44@gmail.com> wrote:
    >    I've attached
    >    v4-0002-Handle-overflow-in-money-arithmetic.patch which adds some
    >    overflow checks and tests. I didn't address the float multiplication
    >    because I didn't see any helper methods in int.h. I did some some
    >    useful helpers in float.h, but they raise an error directly instead
    >    of returning a bool. Would those be appropriate for use with the
    >    money type? If not I can refactor out the inner parts into a new method
    >    that returns a bool.

    >    v4-0001-Remove-dependence-on-integer-wrapping.patch is unchanged, I
    >    just incremented the version number.

I added overflow handling for float arithmetic to the `money` type.
v6-0002-Handle-overflow-in-money-arithmetic.patch is ready for review.

v6-0001-Remove-dependence-on-integer-wrapping.patch is unchanged, I
just incremented the version number.

Thanks,
Joe Koshakow
Attachment