Re: problem with query - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roberto Scattini
Subject Re: problem with query
Date
Re: problem with query  (Bosco Rama <postgres@boscorama.com>)
List pgsql-general

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 7:02 PM, Bosco Rama <postgres@boscorama.com> wrote:
On 09/12/13 14:49, Chris Curvey wrote:
> Is this just a case-sentitvity issue?  if personas.apellido is a varchar
> field, then I think that's your trouble.  (it would have to be citext in
> order for "nunez" = "NUNEZ".)

He's using 'ilike' in his query, so this is more likely to be a
locale/charset/collation/encoding issue.

Roberto, what encodings are in use by the client and the server/DB?

hi bosco, in fact i believe that i have that problem... but i cant undestand why and how to fix it.

the database has SQL_ASCII encoding, and my client... i am not sure, when i connect directly with psql from localhost i must set client encoding to SQL_ASCII or i receive an "invalid utf8 sequence" error...

but the problem is there, from psql, from pgadmin and from php/apache (my webservers)

thanks

--
Roberto Scattini