Re: speedup tidbitmap patch: hash BlockNumber - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: speedup tidbitmap patch: hash BlockNumber
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 17 December 2014 at 06:07, Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> wrote:
I think this suggestion is misguided, and the patch itself needs
rethinking.  Instead of doing this, let's hack dynahash.c itself
to substitute a shim like this when it's told function == tag_hash and
keysize == sizeof(uint32).  Then we can remove any similar shims that
already exist, and possibly end up with a net savings of code rather than
adding more.
done, actoually I found oid_hash shim only.

- hash_ctl.hash = oid_hash; /* a bit more efficient than tag_hash */
+ hash_ctl.hash = tag_hash; /* a bit more efficient than tag_hash */

I think the comment may need removed here.

Regards

David Rowley