Re: appendStringInfo vs appendStringInfoString - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: appendStringInfo vs appendStringInfoString
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 10:10 PM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 9:44 PM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
I did some benchmarking earlier in the week for the new patch which was just commited to allow formatting in the log_line_prefix string. In version 0.4 of the patch there was some performance regression as I was doing appendStringInfo(buf, "%*s", padding, variable); instead of appendStringInfoString(buf, variable); This regression was fixed in a later version of the patch by only using appendStringInfo when the padding was 0.

I've attached a the cleanup patch for this. This one just converts instances of appendStringInfo into appendStringInfoString where appendStringInfo does no formatting or just has the format "%s".

I've attached a re-based version of this.

David Rowley

Attachment