Re: CLUSTER FREEZE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: CLUSTER FREEZE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
I think that the patch should include some sort of notes in the documents to say that cluster performs freezing of tuples. I've attached a patch which adds something there, but I'm not 100% sure it is the right thing. Perhaps it should just read:

Cluster also performs aggressive "freezing" of tuples similar to VACUUM FULL FREEZE.

Although it's not exactly the same as you can perform a vacuum full freeze on a relation which does not have the clustered index set.

I'll delay a bit to see if anyone else has any comments about what the docs should read, but I think it is pretty much ready for a commiter's eyes.

Hi Thomas,

I'm just going to mark the patch as waiting for author for now until you get the chance to add some changes to the documents.

Everything else looks ok.

Regards

David Rowley

Regards